Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Hot Tip!! aka "Dumb Assed Moment"

Just a hot tip.

This evening I was carelessly using some Gorilla Glue and got some on my hand.  Okay so it was all over two fingers and nails front and back.  Don't ask me how I managed that!

Immediately wiped my hands off on a dish towel and when the towel stuck that is when I realized what I did.   Damn!  So begins my trying to get it off, damn that is one tough glue!!

Step 1 - Try hard to wipe it off.  No luck.

Step 2 - Pour acetone on my hand and try to rub it off.  No luck.

Step 3 - Pour dishsoap on my hand and try to wash it off.  No luck.

Step 4 - Repeat steps 2, 3 then 2, 3 and 4.  No luck.

Step 5 - Read label for words of wisdom.  "Avoid contact with skin", um no duh!  "Wipe off with a towel or use paint thinner."

Step 6 - OMG what are the odds of having the polish thinner on my kitchen counter because I was lazy and didn't put it in the basket?  (Silence of the Lamb moment here).

Step 7 - Use some nail polish thinner.  BaDaBing!!!!!  I'm golden!

Just glad I hadn't bothered to paint my nails since my acetone experiment earlier this evening.

OK you may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.....

No comments:

Post a Comment