Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Family Curse

Why would I consider my nails the family curse you may ask?

Well I inherited my nails from the maternal side of the family.  My grandmother always had strong, beautifully curved nails as did my mother.  I don't think I've ever seen either of them with naked nails.

As the consummate tomboy my nail care and length varied.  When I didn't grow out and paint my nails my grandmother would yell at me, "Women pays lots of money to have what you have naturally.  Grow your damned nails".  When I did grow and paint my nails I'd get yelled at for my polish choices.  My grandmother was big on pinks and lavenders and here's me sporting neon colors, blacks, blues, greens and well you get the picture.  So I was damned when I did and damned when I didn't.

I am happy to say that I had her wearing some awesome nail art before she passed away.  Hell I even did stained glass nails using loose glitter and she loved it.  I miss you Mimi.

Well that's the story behind the family curse.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment